Gå til innhold
Hundesonen.no

Recommended Posts

Skrevet

Hi,

A beginner question ... I have a 14 weeks long haired GSD puppy. Due to my work, I have to leave him alone at home during the day (usually had peed once at home). Before I could go during the lunch break to take him out for a pee, but not anymore. It's now 2 days that he is home alone for around 7-8 hours, but never peed. However he is on the edge when I come back home and should take him out right away and once he didn't even reach the block door and peed on the way down (live in an apartment).

Is it okay to do so?

Regards,

Shahab.

Skrevet

In my experience, if you pick the puppy up and carry it outside immediately when you get in the door, you'll have a few more seconds before they pee. You could try that. If that doesn't help, just try remember that he will grow and be able to old his bladder for longer. For his age this is to be expected, and I think 7-8 hours for a 14 week puppy is actually very good!

Cleaning up accidents is part of life with a puppy, but for a limited time only.

Good luck with your pup :)

  • Like 4
Skrevet
In my experience, if you pick the puppy up and carry it outside immidiately when you get in the door, you'll have a few more seconds before they pee. You could try that. If that doesn't help, just try remember that he will grow and be able to old his bladder for longer. For his age this is to be expected, and I think 7-8 hours for a 14 week puppy is actually very good!

Cleaning up accidents is part of life with a puppy, but for a limited time only.

Good luck with your pup :)

Thanks. I don't worry about cleaning ;-) I had prepared myself mentally before going for a puppy. What I was worried was that this pressure would do damage so early ...

Skrevet
Thanks. I don't worry about cleaning ;-) I had prepared myself mentally before going for a puppy. What I was worried was that this pressure would do damage so early ...

Oh, I see. No, I don't think you need to worry. If he really needs to go, he'll go, as his bladder can only hold so much. (But, since you have a male, you'll see in a while how much pee they can actually store in there. It's quite incredible. :P)

I suppose possibly maybe it could do some damage, but I think the chances are very slim. Nothing I'd personally worry about.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive


  • Nye innlegg

    • Håper på det. Behandler er iallefall positiv, jeg blir litt negativ merker jeg basert på tidligere erfaring. Men det er positivt at hun ikke halter eller noe sånt og tilsynelatende bygger fin og jevn muskulatur og ifølge behandler er myk og fin med god bevegelsesfrihet i ledd. 
    • Artig med rykk-og-napp-voksing😬 Håper vondt'er er forbigående🤞
    • Zelda vokser som ugress, dessverre i så stor grad at hun har litt problemer med muskulære spenninger (håper iallefall det er alt det er), men vi koser oss masse og hun utvikler seg fint tross alt og litt enkel behandling holder ting i sjakk. Gleder meg dog til hun ser litt penere og mer balansert ut, så fort fronten tar igjen bakparten så skyter bakparten fart igjen og vokser 5 cm "over natten".  Og håper hun ikke blir alt for stor. 🙈 Håper på mange fine valpevennlige turer ila høsten,  har så smått begynt å trene litt, lærer utrolig fort, men merker godt at det ikke er en rase som er avlet for bruk lenger. Iallefall ikke særlig målrettet. Men det bor en del i henne så tipper det blir en gøyal hund å trene på sikt når man bare får kanalisert det litt bedre.   
    • Det er hundrevis av hunderaser, så det er litt av en jobb å liste alle. I prinsippet er kanskje myndene de mest krevende fordi de er selvstendige, egenrådige og har høyt jaktinstinkt. Men det er også individuelt.
    • Hvilke hunderaser er vanskeligst å ha løse utenom båndtvangen? Sikkert de med mye jakt. Men hvilke?
  • Nylig opprettede emner

×
×
  • Opprett ny...