Gå til innhold
Hundesonen.no

Smoushond

Gjest

Satt og bladde i den gamle hundeboka mi, og fant fram til alle hunderasene jeg hadde "gullappa" :ahappy: Morsomst å se var Smoushonden - en nydelig rase med en (overfladisk men) sjarmerende omtale.

Hadde helt glemt av denne rasen jeg var forelska i som 15åring, har noen peil på noe om denne rasen? Står i boka at den er sjelden utenfor Nederland, og det er jo tydelig siden jeg ikke endte opp med en. Hehe.

70CB7C70EAE011DC908D5A0051CD3E9C.jpg

Så fine! :hyper:

Fant hjemmesiden til smoushond klubben i nederland, men de er bare på Nederlandsk. Snakk om at de ikke selger rasen til utlandet, så det er kanskje ikke rart man ikke finner info på engelsk...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In the late 1800s the German Coarsehaired Pin-scher, grandfather of the modern Schnauzer, was common throughout Germany. The Germans preferred the black or salt/pepper dogs and usually destroyed the red or yellow whelps which were common in litters at that time. An enterprising Dutch merchant named Abraas

cleverly—and cheaply—bought these German "rejects" and brought them to Holland. They were sold on the streets of Amsterdam as heeren-stalhonden, or gentlemen's stable dogs.

The yellow, roughhaired little charmers caught on and developed into the Smoushond. The breed enjoyed recognition from the FCI as well as the Dutch Kennel Club and was a popular family dog in the early part of the 20th century. In the years between the Wars, his numbers were greatly reduced, and he all but vanished during WWII. The last two litters were bred in 1949, with none following, and soon he was dropped from official roll calls and declared to be extinct.

In the early 1970s a Dutch woman, who had poignant memories of the Smoushonden owned by herself and friends in the 1940s, decided to recreate the breed. She advertised, asking for anyone owning a mongrel which bore resemblance to the accompanying photo to contact her. In a small country like the Netherlands, it was actually possible to go and check out each of these leads personally. If the "approved" dog was a female, this woman asked the owners to breed the dog once to a stud of her choice, and, of course, chose an appropriate male. She was dedicated to her task and went to look at each puppy born and still does even now, assisted by other breed wardens. In fact, this Dutch dog lover sees each Smoushond born in the Netherlands four or five times before breeding age, keeping photo records and recommending possible breeding partners.

By 1977, a specialty club had been refounded and recognition was forthcoming from the Raad van Beheer (Dutch KG) and the FCI. The breed is once again on fairly firm footing, and the modern proponents want to keep it that way. They are very cautious about breeding practices to forestall genetic problems and as yet have no interest in selling any outside the Netherlands,

The Smous is an affectionate and friendly fellow, totally devoid of nervousness, yappiness or wanderlust. His rough but short jacket is quite easy to care for and provides adequate protection. Although the standard allows for an uncut tail, most are docked, leaving one-third to be carried gaily. As the standard states, the Smous should be "a pleasant and easy family dog."

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 months later...

Har hørt at min hund ligner en smoushond... :D Hun som gjorde meg oppmerksom på det, hadde prøvd å importere en hund fra Nederland, men det var ikke lov i følge Nederlandske regler å eksportere denne rasen da den har vært nesten utryddet tidligere.

Synd fordi jeg skulle gjerne ha hatt en til av "min" rase :D *som ligner på min ;)*

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arkivert

Dette emnet er nå arkivert og stengt for flere svar

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

• Opprett ny...