Gå til innhold
Hundesonen.no

Leaving puppy at home

shahab13

Hi,

A beginner question ... I have a 14 weeks long haired GSD puppy. Due to my work, I have to leave him alone at home during the day (usually had peed once at home). Before I could go during the lunch break to take him out for a pee, but not anymore. It's now 2 days that he is home alone for around 7-8 hours, but never peed. However he is on the edge when I come back home and should take him out right away and once he didn't even reach the block door and peed on the way down (live in an apartment).

Is it okay to do so?

Regards,

Shahab.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In my experience, if you pick the puppy up and carry it outside immediately when you get in the door, you'll have a few more seconds before they pee. You could try that. If that doesn't help, just try remember that he will grow and be able to old his bladder for longer. For his age this is to be expected, and I think 7-8 hours for a 14 week puppy is actually very good!

Cleaning up accidents is part of life with a puppy, but for a limited time only.

Good luck with your pup :)

• Like 4
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In my experience, if you pick the puppy up and carry it outside immidiately when you get in the door, you'll have a few more seconds before they pee. You could try that. If that doesn't help, just try remember that he will grow and be able to old his bladder for longer. For his age this is to be expected, and I think 7-8 hours for a 14 week puppy is actually very good!

Cleaning up accidents is part of life with a puppy, but for a limited time only.

Good luck with your pup :)

Thanks. I don't worry about cleaning ;-) I had prepared myself mentally before going for a puppy. What I was worried was that this pressure would do damage so early ...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks. I don't worry about cleaning ;-) I had prepared myself mentally before going for a puppy. What I was worried was that this pressure would do damage so early ...

Oh, I see. No, I don't think you need to worry. If he really needs to go, he'll go, as his bladder can only hold so much. (But, since you have a male, you'll see in a while how much pee they can actually store in there. It's quite incredible. :P)

I suppose possibly maybe it could do some damage, but I think the chances are very slim. Nothing I'd personally worry about.

• Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider