Gå til innhold
Hundesonen.no

Beseggen med hund?

tyskejaeger

Hej fra Tyskland!

We travel Norway since 1994 - vi elsker norge!

This year we'd like to go the Beseggen/Gjendesheim with our dog. A german hunting dog, the weimaraner.

Is that possible? We've heard there are some very steep passages, dangerous for the dog. Especially because you cant take the dog off the line.

What about the ship going back from gjende to gjendesheim? Dogs allowed?

What about the memurubu trail (memurubu-gjendebu hytter)? Possible with a dog?

Perhaps you can give us some information about the situation about the DNT cabins? Dogs allowed? Or do we have to use a tent?

tussen takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, dogs are allowed on the ship. It is also no problem bringing the dog. I would invest in the harness from Ruffwear (this one) just because there is a bit of climibing and it's great to be able to help the dog a little.

I went there with my 6,5kg little dog, when she was 7mnths and it was no trouble at all. And we also brought our (german) hunting dog, a Kleiner Münsterländer :P he too had no problems.

But I would take the ship first, then walk back, then you climb up that steep passage, not down. Even people I know, who's gone both ways, prefer to walk from Memurubu then back.

I don't know if dogs are allowed in the cabins, but here's a link to Besseggen's own page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dogs usually aren't allowed inside the DNT cabins. At Gjendesheim, however, they're allowed, but you should contact the cabin in advance to make a booking (post@gjendesheim.no), as they probably have limited capacity for dogs. I don't think they allow dogs at Memurubu, though.

As far as I remember, only the actual Besseggen ridge is steep, but the path is broad enough for a dog to safely pass. Actually, I bet your dog'll have less problems than most people hiking there :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As far as I remember, only the actual Besseggen ridge is steep, but the path is broad enough for a dog to safely pass. Actually, I bet your dog'll have less problems than most people hiking there :P

That's right, I walked Besseggen just last summer.

The only thing I just remembered, is that you might get some ugly comments from people that you are mean to the dog. However this was in the steep ridge, that I got those comments, and these people were not comfortable.. so I guess they were just intimidated that a dog could do it, no problem!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Guest lijenta

This is several years ago but has gone Besseggen with Flatcuted retriever and short hair vorsteh. None of them had problems with going on the trip. You may want to combine harness and collar. So bring your belt and knit and attach it to you. Leaving your dog too much then connect into the neck band and demn must go nicely. http://www.memurubu.no/ is a private tourist lodge, which you can book rooms in advance and enlighten you with hund.http: / / www.turistforeningen.no/gjendesheim/. Please contact the lodge to hear what comes when you bring hund.http: / / www.gjendebu.com / gjendebu_no / index.php Here also contact the lodge to hear what applies for accommodation with dogs.

It is a great trip, all dogs that have been for a walk outside Home: Consumer leads through without problems. The one path between Memurubu and Gjendebu may be a bit tricky for dogs. Please check the cabins. There are two selected sites between the cabins. Good trip.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Guest lijenta

The party, which may be difficult for dogs are between Bukkelægret Memurubu and Gjendebu. Talk to those who work on the cabin before you should go. There are in fact two paths between Memurubu and Gjendebu and those who work on the cabins have experience.

There are sheep in the area you are going to go ride and in parts of the area you can meet cows.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The party, which may be difficult for dogs are between Bukkelægret Memurubu and Gjendebu. Talk to those who work on the cabin before you should go. There are in fact two paths between Memurubu and Gjendebu and those who work on the cabins have experience.

There are sheep in the area you are going to go ride and in parts of the area you can meet cows.

I never saw any cows or sheep, and I went last summer. We only met a grouse with to babies, but in Norway there' a rule that says all dogs must be on leash in summertime, so there should be no trouble at all :P

The only troublesome part was the beginning of Besseggen, the steep part up the the plateau. Which was not very difficult at all.

And I'm sorry lijenta, with "the party" do you mean Norwegian for "parti"? That's part in english, party is "fest" :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I never saw any cows or sheep, and I went last summer. We only met a grouse with to babies, but in Norway there' a rule that says all dogs must be on leash in summertime, so there should be no trouble at all :P

The only troublesome part was the beginning of Besseggen, the steep part up the the plateau. Which was not very difficult at all.

And I'm sorry lijenta, with "the party" do you mean Norwegian for "parti"? That's part in english, party is "fest" :P

That's in fact the one things that makes me angry visiting lovely norway with my dog: the rule of leashed dogs in summertime. And some norwegians seem as they have nothing else to do as watching out for unleashed dogs. Deep in the mountains, climbing up a rough part of some rocks, i disleash my dog for about 15 minutes - and - you already know what happened - another backpacker came towards, telling us very unfriendly to get the dog on a line.

Why is that so strictly forbidden?

Why do so much norwegians - no-dog-owner - take care of that rule?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's in fact the one things that makes me angry visiting lovely norway with my dog: the rule of leashed dogs in summertime. And some norwegians seem as they have nothing else to do as watching out for unleashed dogs. Deep in the mountains, climbing up a rough part of some rocks, i disleash my dog for about 15 minutes - and - you already know what happened - another backpacker came towards, telling us very unfriendly to get the dog on a line.

Why is that so strictly forbidden?

Why do so much norwegians - no-dog-owner - take care of that rule?

Because of wildlife, as spring/summer is their time to be born, and grow up. Crazy dogs running around makes it difficult for them to do that in peace.

And yes, there's not a shortage of people ready to tell you to leash your dog rightaway! But it is more important in the mountains. We were lucky when we walked Besseggen as my sister lost the hold of the leash (we passed over snow and she tripped and fell). Obviously the hunting dog smelled the grouse, who luckily knew exactly what to do; she left her babies and tricked our dog to follow her.

It went well as he didn't notice the two babies, but if he had, they would not have been alive!

I think it's a litte differents in more civilized areas, so I do let my dog off-leash sometimes during this period, having total control over her obviously.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Guest lijenta

Language tool google is not known to be the best and I have used. Owners and hosts of Memurubu have a farm with cows. Cows come up in the mountains somewhere between 24 June and 1 July. These cows are entering the valley from Memurubu and it will be bad weather so it's good to walk with dogs on the trail between Memurubu and Gjendebu going into parts of the valley as a drop Bukkelægre. Then there is a risk that he hit the cows there. Sheep is in the Jotunheimen. When I went Besseggen it was the sheep until nearly edge.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Language tool google is not known to be the best and I have used. Owners and hosts of Memurubu have a farm with cows. Cows come up in the mountains somewhere between 24 June and 1 July. These cows are entering the valley from Memurubu and it will be bad weather so it's good to walk with dogs on the trail between Memurubu and Gjendebu going into parts of the valley as a drop Bukkelægre. Then there is a risk that he hit the cows there. Sheep is in the Jotunheimen. When I went Besseggen it was the sheep until nearly edge.

Nei google translate er elendig. Bruker det kun om jeg er inne på en russsisk hjemmeside eller lignende. Jeg er sikker på at uansett hvor mye du strever med engelsk vil det bli bedre enn det google gjør det.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Guest lijenta

Nei google translate er elendig. Bruker det kun om jeg er inne på en russsisk hjemmeside eller lignende. Jeg er sikker på at uansett hvor mye du strever med engelsk vil det bli bedre enn det google gjør det.

hehe det er ikke jeg sikker på. Hadde lærte nemlig lite engelsk på skolen også var det ca 20 år som jeg ikke brukte engelsk så jeg tror at jeg ligger omtrent san som den dårlige oversetteren til google

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arkivert

Dette emnet er nå arkivert og stengt for flere svar

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

• Nye innlegg

• Sjekker om det lukter tiss hvor? Nei. Får det veldig godt med meg om han tisser inne, så trenger ikke å leite eller lukte. Det er en stor dam der hvis han har tisset 😂 Har gått over til å gi han tørt for til siste måltid, også har jeg faktisk vært litt "streng" og ikke luftet han på natten med mindre han virkelig gir tegn på at han må. Han har våknet 2 ganger denne uken, og ikke gitt tegn på at han virkelig må ut, bare sånn "kan vi stå opp nå, jeg er ferdig uthvilt" aktig greie. I dag virket det som han ville sove videre når klokken ringte 7, selv om han forsøkte å vekke meg i 4-tiden, så jeg tror absolutt han klarer å holde seg. 
    • PS: er det andre enn meg som går rundt å sjekker om det lukter tiss hele tiden???
    • Min har holdt seg stabil frem til nå.  Jeg har begynt å sove oppe, den sover nede i bingen. Tydligvis så sover jeg tungt, for idag etter 7 timer var hele buret og valpen fullt av tiss. Dette har ikke skjedd før... så hektisk morgen..  Lurer litt på hva jeg skal gjøre nå. Prøve igjen og se om det var et uhell, eller bare sove 6 timer så ut...
    • Ikke lett å få til disse oppstillingsbildene av valp 😂 Men tenker jeg skal forsøke å få til 1 bilde i måneden.    Tempo 4 måneder gammel.  12 kg og 42 cm høy. 
    • Jeg ønsker at prisene på valpene sank betraktelig. Både på blandinger og rasehunder. Grunnen til det er at når man nå tjener så utrolig godt på hvert valpekull, så er jeg redd det bli mer rovdrift på tispene. Og mer useriøs oppdrett. Jeg vet om flere som sper på pensjonen ved å avle kull etter kull, år etter år (på flere tisper, men likevel). Han ene får opp til ca 50 valper pr. år, og sånn har han holdt på i mange mange år. Blir penger av det gitt... 
  • Nylig opprettede emner

• Opprett ny...